Tuesday, February 27, 2007

BALBOA PARK












































I made a day out of tooting around here by bike, doing a few caches and getting a feel for the layout of the park. Rain was in the forcast, and I thought I'd get back and do the museums and IMAX as a rainy day event, but failed to do so. F
or whatever reason, I was just not in a zoo mood, so never comtemplated that, even though I had it on my to do list before getting into town...
The park does have lots of museums and such, but not as much open space as Golden Gate park has. Of course, the botanical gardens were closed for maintenance, but there were some intersting cacti and succelent gardens I cruised through. A real highlight was outside of the antique auto museum. The Horseless Carriage Club of America was holding a private event, and more than two dozens cars from the era made there way into the parking lot. These were the real deal; everything from Overlands, Pierce Arrows, Buicks and a Cadilac, to a Mercedes and a number of makes I had never heard of. Most of the occupants were dressed for the occasion and I took a seat on a nearby bench and watched the arrivals :). I'm just glad the EPA was not meeting nearby...

No comments: