Saturday, June 09, 2007

Old West Days- Jackson, Wy

























Memorial day weekend is here already! What to do with myself, while staying out of the thick of the crowds?




I decided to take in some of the activities here in Jackson, then head over to Idaho Falls, where I had to attend to some business on Tuesday.




Friday night, after I took in the seasons 1st downtown shootout, I joined a group of climbers around the campfire at Curtis creek in the NF. Very interesting evening, and I got a bit of "inside" info for places to recreate in the area... Saturday was the old west parade, which was definitely westerny in theme. Very nice parade, and the rain pretty much held off until it was finished. I visited the fairgrounds in hopes of seeing the Mountan Men Rendezvous, but all I could find was the antler fest, which was merchants selling them along with pelts and other items. Not in the market, nor am I fascinated with this sort of thing. I spent some time at the plaza, listening to some western folk, and then headed out for Idaho...

No comments: